How to tame a Fox in Minecraft: Minecraft is a place where you have to survive by using every means available in that world. Apart from the human players, the aka ms remoteconnect Minecraft game is home to animals and other creatures too. To go ahead with the game, you are going to need many of the players in this game, including these animals.
Just like we need horses to ride in Minecraft, foxes have their own advantages too. But, these are wild animals and can’t easily be approached. A fox in Minecraft is useful when you have regular mob attack issues. If you have a “tamed fox” with you, then it will follow you, trust, you, and will attack your opponents for you and makes your life easier.
But, as we told, foxes are wary animals and will run away once you try to approach them. However, once you have tamed a fox, it will follow you around and won’t run away from you. Don’t know how to tame a fox in Minecraft? Don’t worry. We’ve got it all explained here below.
Guide to Tame a Fox in Minecraft
Breeding two foxes result in a tamed baby fox. Foxes that are tamed can be useful in the Minecraft game. Foxes that are tamed will trust the player and follow him around. Tamed foxes will attack zombies, drowned, husks, and other creatures of Minecraft for the player. The tamed foxes will also attack the mobs and zombies that attack the player. The tamed foxes won’t attack the mobs that the player attacks.
Once a fox is tamed, it follows the player and doesn’t run away from the player or the breeder. However, till the fox turns to adult, it follows its parents, so if the adult foxes run away from the player, then the baby fox will also run with them. For this, the players can either choose to kill the parent foxes or use lead to keep the baby fox from running away. Even if a fox is tamed, it will still run away from wolves and polar bears, and polar bears and wolves still attack them. Here are the properties of a tamed fox in easy points.
- Foxes that are tamed will trust the player and follow him around.
- Tamed foxes will attack zombies, drowned, husks, skeletons, spiders, silverfish, goats, pandas, etc.
- The tamed foxes will also attack the mobs and zombies that attack the player.
- The tamed foxes won’t attack the mobs that the player attacks.
How to Find a Fox in Minecraft
In order to tame a fox, you have to breed two foxes. The baby fox will automatically become “tamed”. Naturally spawned foxes are not tamed. So, unless you breed two foxes by giving them “sweet berries” or “glow berries”, you won’t get to tame a fox. Let’s know how to find a fox in Minecraft.
Foxes spawn in the taiga, old-growth taiga, snowy taiga, and grove biomes, in groups of 2–4. Unlike other animals, foxes are not easily found anywhere. Apart from the biomes mentioned here, you can’t find a fox spawn in any other areas of Minecraft. The foxes spawn in the snowy taiga biome are white in color and the foxes spawn in other normal biomes are red in color.
Requirements To Tame a Fox in Minecraft
The following are the simple requirements to tame a fox in Minecraft. As we have already said, breeding two foxes will automatically give you a tamed little fox.
- 2 wild foxes
- Sweet berries or Glow berries.
How To Tame a Fox in Minecraft
Breeding two foxes result in a tamed baby fox. The baby fox will not run away from the player who bred it. However, the baby fox will still follow its parents until it grows up. Till that time, you have to control the baby fox using a “lead”. You can craft a lead easily in your inventory and then put it up on the little baby fox so that it won’t run away with its parents. Follow the simple steps given below to tame a fox in Minecraft.
- Firstly, find two foxes, and capture them. You can find them in the taiga, old-growth taiga, snowy taiga, and grove biomes.
- Now, get the foxes together, and keep them in one place. Make sure to keep the foxes locked or protected, otherwise, they will run away.
- Get a handful of sweet berries in your inventory and start feeding these sweet berries to the foxes. Red hearts will start appearing above their heads.
- Within no time, the foxes will give a “baby fox”. This baby fox will be tamed and won’t run away from you.
- It is better to put a “lead” on the tamed baby fox until it grows up and stops following its parents (adult foxes).
Note: Breeding a red fox with a white fox will have a 50% chance to give either a white or red baby fox.
How To Tame a Fox in Minecraft PS4
The procedure to tame a fox in Minecraft is the same for all the consoles and versions of the Minecraft game. If you are on a PS4, then you too can follow the same steps which are given above to tame a fox in Minecraft. All you have to do is capture two foxes, get them together, and feed them the sweet berries. You will immediately get a tamed little fox. If you don’t know how to tame a fox in Minecraft 1.14, then don’t worry, the process is the same.
How To Tame a Fox in Minecraft Nintendo Switch
To tame a Fox in Minecraft on Nintendo Switch, you have to follow the same steps. Here is what you have to do:
- Capture two foxes and put them together in a locked place.
- Now, feed them the sweet berries from the inventory.
- Their offspring will result in a tamed baby fox.
That was all about the guide to taming a fox in Minecraft. Taming a Fox in Minecraft is very simple and easy. Just breeding two foxes will result in a tamed baby fox that will follow the player and attack mobs for the player. If you got any doubts related to this post, then feel free to ask us in the comments. Keep visiting https://akamsremoteconnect.me to get more useful guides.