How To Breed Horses In Minecraft: Do you want to know how to breed horses in Minecraft and how to tame the horses? If yes, then this post is especially for you. Learn how to breed horses in Minecraft easily in this post and let the horses in your Minecraft grow their own families.
Minecraft is a worldwide popular sandbox online video game that runs on create and survive basically. There are two modes in this game, creative mode, and survival mode. In Minecraft, the players can build anything and everything that they require for their game.
In this game, apart from humans and objects, there are also wild and domestic animals, birds, etc. These animals are also a major part of the game as they have their own uses. We are talking about Minecraft’s horses in this post. If you want to know how to breed horses in Minecraft, then read below.
How To Breed Horses In Minecraft (Step-by-Step Guide)
The following guide will give you the step-by-step procedure for breeding horses in Minecraft in a simple and clear way. Those who are still amateurs of Minecraft can easily learn how to breed horses in Minecraft with the following explanation. Let’s start with the first step involved in the breeding of horses in Minecraft.
Gather The Required Material
To breed horses in Minecraft, you are going to need some of the supplies. Similar to the breeding of other animals in Minecraft, you will have to gather the material first. Here is the material that is compulsorily required in the process of horse breeding. Any one of these items is enough for horse breeding.
- 2 Golden Apples or
- 2 Enchanted Golden Apples or
- 2 Golden Carrots
Find Two Horses
We are breeding the horses, so obviously, we are going to need them. You must find two horses for the breeding horses. Horses are usually spawned in plains and savannas in herds of 2–6. Here, you have to remember that the color of the foal depends on either of the parent horses or adult horses. However, there is also a chance of getting a random color.
- Chance to have random color: 11.11%
- Chance to have random markings: 20%
Tame Both The Horses
Now, it’s time to tame the horses. If you don’t know this piece of information, then let us remind you here, that a wild horse can’t be bred. You must tame both the horses in order to start and finish the breeding process smoothly. Untamed horses or wild horses won’t listen to you, so this step is a must. If you don’t know how to tame a horse in Minecraft, then you can scroll down to learn.
Start Breeding The Horses
We got the horses, tamed them, and also gathered the food items already. Now, all we have to do is breed the horses and get a cute foal. Here is how to breed horses in Minecraft in a simple step-by-step procedure. If you are wondering how to breed horses in Minecraft Java or how to breed horses in Minecraft PS4, then you don’t have to worry. The method is the same for all of the devices.
- Firstly, place the two horses near to each other. Do not place the horses very far from each other as it won’t be ideal for breeding them.
- Now, feed the Golden Apples to the horses, one for each. If you don’t have a Golden Apple, then you can also use 2 Enchanted Golden Apples or 2 Golden Carrots as well.
- You can right-click on the horse one at a time to feed the apple or carrot to the horses. Press the ZL button for Nintendo Switch, L2 button for PlayStation, and LT button for Xbox controller.
- Once you feed the apple to the horses, red hearts will start to appear over their heads. This means the horses are in the “love mode”.
- In a minute or even less, the red hearts will disappear and you will see a foal or baby horse.
- That’s it. This is how to breed horses in Minecraft easily.
If you wanted to know how to horses and donkeys in Minecraft, then the same procedure is for donkeys as well. You just have to follow the exact same method given here for breeding donkeys.
Note: Breeding a horse with a donkey will result in a mule. Mules are sterile and cannot breed. After breeding the horses, you cannot breed them again within the next 5 minutes.
How Do You Tame Horses In Minecraft
We have seen how to breed horses in Minecraft till now. But, don’t you want to know how to tame a horse in Minecraft? You must also know the procedure to tame the horses in Minecraft because, with taming a horse, you can’t breed it. Therefore, taming a horse is a primary step involved in the breeding of horses. Here is how to tame horses in Minecraft.
- Firstly, get a horse to tame. You can find the horses in plains or savannas in herds of 2 to 6.
- Now, select an empty slot in your Hotbar since you have to use your hand to tame the horse.
- Try to mount on the horse by right-clicking on it. The horse will buck you off.
- Don’t stop and try to mount on the horse repeatedly. After repeatedly getting bucked off by the horse, the horse will allow you to mount it.
- Once the horse is tamed, you will see red hearts appear over its head.
We have given a complete step-by-step guide about how to breed horses in Minecraft in this guide. If you wanted to learn how to breed horses in Minecraft, then just follow the simple steps given over here and breed horses in Minecraft easily. If you like to get more useful guides from us, then stay connected with us at Akamsremoteconnect.me. That’s all for this post.