How to allocate more RAM to Minecraft? Minecraft is a phenomenal game in the world of online sandbox video games. This game https //aka.ms/remoteconnect minecraft is worldwide popular and you can’t even imagine its popularity. From kids to adults, everyone is going bananas for this game. Minecraft is available on almost all of the major gaming platforms like PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, and also on Windows, Mac, Linux PCs, Android, iOS devices, and more.
If you are familiar with Minecraft, then you might have already known that there are two different versions of the game. Minecraft Java Edition is compatible with PCs whereas the Minecraft Bedrock Edition is available for consoles, smartphones, and Windows devices. There is also a Pocket Edition of the game that is exclusive for mobile devices. When you are playing on Minecraft Java Edition, RAM plays the most important part to run your game smoothly, especially when you are using mods in your game.
When using high-end graphics and mods with lots of visual graphics, your game launcher is going to need sufficient RAM space. A lot of people face these instances in Minecraft where they get a lot of errors in the game or face difficulty launching the game due to a lack of RAM allocation. If you are a Minecraft gamer, then you can imagine how frustrating it can be. Therefore, we have come up with good news for you. Know how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft here.
- 1 How To Allocate More RAM To Minecraft Windows 10
- 1.1 Make Sure Your PC Has Enough RAM
- 1.2 Allocate More RAM To Minecraft Using Default Minecraft Launcher
- 1.3 Allocate More RAM To Minecraft Using ATLauncher
- 1.4 Allocate More RAM To Minecraft Using CurseForge Minecraft Launcher
- 1.5 How To Allocate More RAM To Minecraft PE
- 1.6 How To Allocate More RAM To Minecraft Server
- 1.7 Conclusion
How To Allocate More RAM To Minecraft Windows 10
If you want to allocate more RAM to your Minecraft game, then you must note that this can be possible only when you are on a PC. Minecraft Pocket Edition and Bedrock Edition don’t support such kind of feature. Also, before you know how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft game or Minecraft server, you must also make sure your device has enough unused RAM space.
Make Sure Your PC Has Enough RAM
Minecraft is going to need a minimum of 2 GB RAM and 4 GB RAM storage is preferred to play the game smoothly. Therefore, you must check first if your PC supports such an amount of RAM before you know how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft. To check the RAM space available on your PC, follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, go to the Start button and click on it to get the main menu.
- Now, open the “Settings” option that looks like a gear icon.
- Next, click on “About” and under Device Specifications, check “Installed RAM”.
- The RAM storage available on your PC will be shown here.
Allocate More RAM To Minecraft Using Default Minecraft Launcher
The original Minecraft launcher is the simplest way to allocate more RAM to Minecraft without any hassle. Just follow the steps given below.
- Open the Minecraft Launcher on your PC and launch your Minecraft Java game.
- Now, click on the “Installations” tab at the top. Here, you will get a list of releases of the game.
- Hover over the most recent version of the game and click on the three dots at the right and select “Edit”.
- Upon selecting this, you will get a screen with the name of the installation, the version, and a few other settings.
- Then, click on “More Options” and scroll down to JVM Arguments.
- Under JVM Arguments, you will see the code: -Xmx2G. In the place of 2, enter the number of RAM in GBs that you want to allocate for Minecraft.
- Once done, click on the “Save” button and exit the window.
Allocate More RAM To Minecraft Using ATLauncher
ATLauncher is another one of the popular Minecraft game launchers. It is easier to change the settings in this launcher when compared to the default one. If you use this game launcher for the game, then here is how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft TLauncher or using ATLauncher.
- Open the ATLauncher on your PC and click on the “Settings” on the right side of the window.
- Now, on top of the page, click on the “Java/Minecraft” tab. Here, you will see the Minecraft Settings page.
- The second one is the “Maximum Memory/RAM” option that you want to change.
- Enter the amount of RAM (in megabytes) that you want to allocate to Minecraft. (1024 MB= 1 GB)
- Finally, click on the “Save” button and exit the window.
Allocate More RAM To Minecraft Using CurseForge Minecraft Launcher
CurseForge Minecraft Launcher is another approach to allocating more RAM space to the Minecraft game. The steps are pretty similar to the above one. Just follow the steps given below to know how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft Windows 10 as per your choice.
- Firstly, open the CurseForge Minecraft Launcher on your PC.
- Click on the gear icon at the bottom left corner to open the Settings.
- Now, under the “Game Specific” section, open the “Minecraft” option.
- Then, scroll down to “Java Settings” and find the “Allocated Memory” option.
- Drag the slider to increase the RAM according to your choice.
- The changes will be saved automatically.
How To Allocate More RAM To Minecraft PE
It is not possible to alter or change the RAM allocation for the Minecraft Pocket Edition game. Not only the PE game, but this feature is not available for the Minecraft Bedrock game as well. So, if you are using Minecraft Java on a PC, then only you can allocate more RAM to your game.
How To Allocate More RAM To Minecraft Server
We have seen till now how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft for your personal game. But, there is also an option to alter the RAM space for Minecraft servers. Here is how to allocate more ram to a Minecraft server that you run on a PC.
- Firstly, go to the folder where all the Minecraft server files are saved.
- Now, right-click on any black space, and go to New -> Text Document.
- Next, open this newly created document and paste the code given below:
- In the place of “####”, enter the amount of RAM (in megabytes) that you want to allocate for Minecraft.
- For example, if you want to allocate 2 GB, then you will write:
- Then, click on File -> Save As… and then select “All Files” in the Save as type and save the file.
- Rename this file as File server launcher.bat. Now, this will become the launcher for your Minecraft serve.
- Double-click this file to run your Minecraft server with the allocated RAM. That is how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft servers.
That was all about how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft game and Minecraft server easily. The methods given here are simple and working, so you can trust them for your Minecraft RAM allocation. We hope you found this information helpful. Keep visiting Akamsremoteconnect.me to get more updated guides.